Saturday, October 6, 2012

Blue



I still have the teal colored mint candy you'd given me when we met,
It's all soggy but it's still there in an iris snuff box.

The azure colored metro rail card still has some cash balance,
I use it when I am in the city, it makes me feel blue every time I am on one of those things.

The turquoise dress you had worn is still fresh in my memory,
Every time I dream of you, you're wearing the same dress and the dreams are all indigo

One Zaffre colored button that had come off and you couldn't find it,
Well it's safe in the snuff box along with one of your cerulean colored ear studs.

The cover of the first book I gave to you was ultramarine in color,
I dont remember the name or the author but the color of sky was electric blue in the month of March.

Saw this girl with a Cobalt blue bag exactly like the one I gave you,
Wish it wasn't red,which you had so liked, but it went well with the denims that you wore.

My diary is full of words in ink which is royal blue and they are all about you
My memories are where you live and the memories are all cyan.

I have hidden all your memories somewhere deep in my cupboard.
The fountain pen, the diary, the candy and the metro card.

Somewhere deep within I knew you'd become a part of my memories,
I kept all that belonged to you,iris, zaffre, cyan and blue.

I wish there was a different color in life without you,
But all I am left with are different colors of you.

1 comment:

  1. Do you like blue? I like blue. I loved it the moment I read it. From one sentence to another the memories arranged themselves like a string of blue beads. I think this is definitely one of your best and one of my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete